Director Francis Lawrence, actor Mahershala Ali and more The Hunger Games veterans are among the 683 new members invited to join the Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences.
Cheryl Boone Isaacs, Academy President said in a statement, “We’re proud to welcome these new members to the Academy, and know they view this as an opportunity and not just an invitation, a mission and not just a membership.”
Others from the franchise include:
- Jo Willems, cinematographer – Catching Fire, Mockingjay: Part 1 and 2
- Mark Yoshikawa, film editor – Mockingjay: Part 1 and 2
- Steve Cremin, visual effects – Mockingjay: Part 1 and 2
- Adrian de Wet, visual effects – Catching Fire, Mockingjay: Part 1 and 2
- Martin Hill, visual effects – Mockingjay: Part 1 and 2
- Betsy Paterson, visual effects – The Hunger Games
The invitation is extended to those “who have distinguished themselves by their contributions to theatrical motion pictures.” Membership is subject to acceptance of the invitation.
Among other invitees are John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Emma Watson, America Ferrera, Tom Hiddleston, and Rachel McAdams.